Last week our Wednesday group showed so much progress and focus while tackling the flipper mechanics that Amanda and I continued with the exploration after the session. So we begain the afternoon by demonstrating a functioning flipper. Everyone took a turn to try it out while we discussed the mechanics. Then we took it apart to better understand it's components before setting to work to build a second one together.
Because the first step for any project to to come up with a design, we took measurements of what existed and came up with a really compressive action plan!
It was clear there wasn't enough work to satisfy the entire group so some of us broke off to tackle the ball launcher design. We applied what we had learned last week about springs and decided that we needed to construct a box for a compression styled spring that would control a rod to launch the ball.
The tool flow between groups was outstanding. One group made cuts while the other designed. Then one begin assembly while the other made cuts. The Wednesday after school crew today may have been small but by working together we made some mighty progress!