When school is out, Tinkering School® is open.
Big Ideas, Real Tools, No Recipes. It’s going to be big, messy and hands on. Join us as we use real tools to solve real and complex problems. Kids will walk away with great stories and a bold new understanding of the kinds of things they are capable of. Each Break Camp is different with totally new content and projects lead by our amazing staff.
Thanksgiving Break - Monday through Wednesday 21 - 23 November
Winter Break - Between Christmas and New Year - Tuesday through Thursday 27 - 29 December
Join us for one, two, or all three sessions! Al a cart sessions the best of our popular one day workshops and the in-depth design and building sessions of our week long session by creating projects that can can stand alone and build on the work completed in previous sessions. The ebb and flow of sessions participants brings exciting collaboration each day.
Break Camps are a full week - just like our Summer Day Camp! A full week of tinkering allows for some super creative designs to go through several iterations and the kids to really get to know every aspect of making with a team.
Currently all of our break camps happen at our 1960 Bryant St Location.
- Break Camps run from 9:30am until 3:15pm.
- Drop off starts at 9:15am
- Pick up time runs from 3:15-3:30pm.
Extended care is available for our full week camps only.
- Before care starts at 8:30am and costs $55 for the week
- After care goes from 3:30pm until 5:00pm and costs $85 for the week
What to Bring
- A nutritious and delicious lunch.
- A snack for snack time.
- A refillable water bottle.
- Closed-toe shoes (we work with heavy and messy things).
- Comfortable clothes that can get dirty. (Seriously, whatever they wear may get dirty or even torn).
- Sunscreen already applied for the day (send extra if your child has sensitive skin). We go outside every day.
Al A Cart Sessions are $125.00 per day
Day Camp is $575 for the week.
Financial assistance is available.